Sunday, July 4, 2010

Shop Day Sunday - CVS

ALMOST rocked this one but something weird and annoying happened with the register. Hoping to find out more.

CVS is still out of the Warm Delights and Windex stuff I have a rain check for from last week... and I forgot/couldn't find my large stash of B1G1 Sobe coupons so here's what I got.

Transaction 1:
Cereal 3 for $10 (get $5 ECB)
BioTrue Contact Solution $2.99 (get $2.99 ECB)
Sobe B1G1
Sobe B1G1 (husband drank one in the car...)
=16.17

Less
$1 off any 2 Post Cereals
$2 off Grape Nuts (Post)
Sobe B1G1
Sobe B1G1
Last week's $10 ECB reduced to 9.99
=0 (So, spent $10 ECB, got $7.99ECB)

Transaction 2:
CG Mascara (50% off original) now 3.85
CG Mascara (50% off original) now 3.99
CG Mascara (50% off original) now 3.99
CG Eyeshadow 3.39
CG Eyeshadow 3.39
CG Eyeshadow 3.39
Caliber Envelope B1G1 2.99
Caliber Envelope FREE
=24.99

Less
$1 off any CG
$1 off any CG
$1 off any CG
B1 CG Mascara, get eye kit free x 3 (cashier made mascaras free instead of eyeshadow).
Less $7.99 ECBs from 1st transaction
=2.03 cash

I had thought I would be receiving the $5 ECB for purchasing $15 worth of Covergirl products but it did not work. Now I have to find out if I can rectify this in a separate trip since it seemed to be keeping track on my extracare card. (It says I am 4.83 short.) So as it stands today, this trip cost me only 2 in cash but "effectively" I paid $12.03 for these products. I'm still hoping that I can go in and spent $4.83 and get $5 back next time I go...

2 comments:

  1. I'll let you in on one of my little secrets, you may already know, but the deals for the next weeks at CVS start on Saturdays at noon. The ad is not available in the store and you have to do your research (iheartcvs.com has early released ads), but you get first pick, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this tip! I went in on Saturday and was able to get that $5 ECB for Covergirl while buying the bogo CG lip gloss.

    I did find out that when it says "Sunday through Tuesday" Sale, they mean NOT SATURDAY! Live and learn! :)

    ReplyDelete