Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weekend in Review - Fresh Start JULY Budget

After you add one more Crest toothpaste to this image, it is *FREE* in effect.

The Sure and Brut were on Wags sale for 1.99, get $1 RR and I had a coupon for $1 off, made 1 cent each.

I had a 1.50 off 2 for the Reach toothbrush and floss and they were on sale for .99 each so cost was .48 for both.

Oral B value pack and Crest w/scope were on sale for $3, had coupon for .75 off, and got $3 back RR. Total gained (inc 1 of each not shown; separate trips) = 3.75 ahead.

Dove deodorant was priced at 1.99 each w. Wags Q plus printed manufacturer's Q for 2.00 off one = plus .02.

I knew I wanted to use leftover RRs from last week and I have now learned (NEWBIE!) that you can only have 1 (manuf) coupon per item purchased and the RRs count as manuf coupons. So I bought the Campbell's soup w/Wags Q (doesn't count) for 2/1.00 and the two cheesy snacks (1.00 each w/5snacks per pack. My kids love these and had already eaten on during our shopping day in town!) mixed in throughout multiple transactions. In future posts, I will type out the order of the transactions. I'm still struggling/learning a lot in this category! Bear with me!

Unfortunately, I spent $7 in RR and $10.13 in cash to get to that point where I would have more RRs in the future and "effectively" break even. I am still learning to reduce my OOP (out of pocket) expense. Next post will cover all of the Sunday bargains - some great, some blah, all a pleasant learning experience! (July 4th)

Have I mentioned yet that I am a shopaholic anyway?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment